- Live Database (Trace) Visualization
- Database Usage Visualization
- (Semi-) Automatic Database Reconfiguration
- Human-Computer-Interaction (HCI)
- Performance Analysis
- Empirical Methods
- ExplorViz Research Project
Project Manager & Development Lead
- Faculty of Engineering
Member of the Examination board Computer Science
Live Database Trace Visualization in Large Software Landscapes
- A list of open theses can be found here.
- Don’t hesitate to contact me, if you are interested in a master/bachelor’s thesis related to my research interests.
I also welcome your own ideas for related thesis topics.
- Software Project, co-organizer/supervisor
['15 (summer)] | ['15/'16 (winter)] | ['16 (summer)]
- Bachelor Project Module – Software Engineering, co-organizer/supervisor
['15/'16 (winter)] | ['16 (summer)] | ['17 (summer)]
- Master Project – Software Engineering, co-organizer/supervisor
['16 (summer)] | ['17 (summer)]
- Bachelor Seminar – Software Engineering, co-organizer/supervisor
['15/'16 (winter)] | ['16/'17 (winter)]| ['17/'18 (winter)]
- Master Seminar – Software (Performance) Engineering, co-organizer/supervisor
['15/'16 (winter)] | ['16 (summer)] | | ['17/'18 (winter)]
Jump to: 2016
Number of items: 1.
Witzany, J. (2016) Instrumentierung von Android Anwendungen in ExplorViz (Bachelor thesis), Kiel University, Kiel, Germany, 47 pp
Number of items: 8.
Heinrich, R., Zirkelbach, C. and Jung, R. (2017) Architectural Runtime Modeling and Visualization for Quality-Aware Devops in Cloud Applications [Public Lecture] In: 2017 IEEE International Conference on Software Architecture (ICSA 2017), April 3-7, 2017, Gothenburg, Sweden.
Zirkelbach, C. (2017) Juggling with Data: On the Lack of Database Monitoring in Long-Living Software Systems [Paper] In: 4th Collaborative Workshop on Evolution and Maintenance of Long-Living Software Systems (EMLS), 21th February 2017, Hannover, Germany.
Zirkelbach, C. (2016) ExplorViz - Live Trace Visualization for System and Program Comprehension in Large Software Landscapes [Invited talk] In: ZBW Research Colloquium, 27 Jul 2016, Kiel, Germany.
Zirkelbach, C. and Adolf, M. (2016) An Elastic Layers Pattern Approach with Dynamically Added Layers [Paper] In: Symposium on Software Performance 2016: Joint Developer and Community Meeting of Descartes/Kieker/Palladio, November 07-09, 2016, Kiel.
Zirkelbach, C., Hasselbring, W., Fittkau, F. and Carr, L. (2015) Performance Analysis of Legacy Perl Software via Batch and Interactive Trace Visualization Technical Reports by Department of Computer Science, 1509 . Department of Computer Science, Kiel University, Germany.
Zirkelbach, C. (2015) Performance Monitoring of Database Operations (Master thesis), Kiel University, Kiel, Germany, 109 pp
Zirkelbach, C., Hasselbring, W. and Carr, L. (2015) Combining Kieker with Gephi for Performance Analysis and Interactive Trace Visualization [Paper] In: Symposium on Software Performance 2015: Joint Developer and Community Meeting of Descartes/Kieker/Palladio, November 04-06, 2015, Munich, Germany.